Sunday 7 December 2014

I didn't get away with it completely

I decided what to do with those corners.
I suppose in my heart of hearts I always knew it was going to be feathers...
I did these slightly differently as the placing was not quite as crucial.
*then not than... sigh
I thought the quilt top had survived the long hot wash without mishap but there are a few signs of damage
 I slid the tips of the scissors so you can see where the applique thread has failed.
 This one will take a little more fixing. I imagine I have to unpick the stem and the red petal it goes underneath and then move the stem over to the left. I fixed four problems last night but we were in our sitting room and I shall need particularly good lighting to sort this out. Or replace the whole leaf but that involves the red flower to the left as well. I am feeling murdrous thoughts to the printer of that red fabric which ran. It has been so long since I finished a large piece of work, I just want to get on with it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Sally! I feel for you! Dye running into the rest of a quilt is no fun, as I know. :( On the bright side, though, I *love* your feather treatment for those corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bits you have shown of this quilt are simply beautiful. And of course the feather quilting will really set it off - good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating, Sally. The feathers you are marking look wonderful (as ever!) - so I hope that the repairs and fixes needed don't hold you up for too long - I can't wait to see your progress on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really feel for you, such a pain to have this happen. Your quilt is going to be really beautiful, looking forward to seeing the feathers.

    ReplyDelete