Sunday 22 November 2009

Progress report and my lovely quilt by Ferret

So I've finished the 2nd round of feathers and have done the background on half of them. The journey is long but worthwhile.

And remember my surprise at the Festival of Quilts when Ferret revealed the quilt she'd made for me (we had done a swap)? Well I met her in a dark car park a couple of weeks ago and she handed it over. (we wondered what some undercover cops would have thought if they'd been watching). I've pinned on the quilt hanging in Fliss's bedroom until I find a place to hang it safely out of reach of the kittens.

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt is amazing! I'm simply speechless with admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that quilt Ferret did is amazing. We are fortunate to have her as a speaker next year...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for contacting me Sally via ferret. I have a 1260 Bernin and usually just manage to get 'warm & natural' through the space, but I have been following your blog and ferrets and wondered if you could advise me on which wool batting would be easiest to manipulate, and even if I could try two battings like you, if my Bernina space is as big as yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ferret is amazing! What a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete