Tuesday, 17 August 2010
I've got a new camera
Anyway at least I can show you what I've been up to. This took a day to design one eighth of the quilt with loads of rubbing out along the way. It took another day to go over the design in black pen and then to trace through to get the ¼ quilt you see here. I think I might even trace it through again so I have a ½ quilt drawn out. I find some cottons stretch so much it makes it hard to marry it all up in quarters. I'm quite pleased how the twisted spine has turned out in the border feather.
It is too late to do anything about it now, I'm going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham on Thursday. I have a plan so I don't run out of spoons. I shall drive up Thursday and probably not go to the show but just rest in my room for the afternoon. I'll visit the show on Friday and Saturday and drive myself home on the Sunday. Worse case scenario is my husband will have to come up on the train and drive me home. This will be the 2nd year I don't enter the show. Next year I will try harder.