Thursday 28 May 2009

Colours and contrasts

I've not been doing much in the way of stitching over the last few days (but I will be finishing off the quilt I gave you a sneak preview, if your interested it will be at the National Quilt Show at Sandown next month). This doesn't mean I stop thinking quilts, when I'm doing other stuff. Here's tonight's dinner. I don't like tomatoes he doesn't like beetroot. His looks so much better than mine........ I think adding the potato salad either side of the hot smoked salmon made mine look better but we'd eaten them before I had a chance to take another photo.
I've been planting out Cosmos and it's been upsetting me I have no idea which colour which colours will be where. I just hope there will be enough different colours spread out randomly to not offend my eye.

2 comments:

  1. Sally,

    Both look equally delicious to me! :) What a cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I find interesting is that I would happily eat either salad, I like both tomatoes and beetroot, but the colours would make me less keen to eat your piece of salmon. To me being put near the purple beetroot makes it look less fresh. Isn't that weird?

    ReplyDelete