Friday 18 March 2011

It's been quite some time since I've blogged

I had one day since I last blog when I felt good, very good. It was only one day but it is lovely to know I'm still there below the pain.
I haven't got much done. I gave a talk to the lovely ladies at Region 6 of the Quilter's Guild of the British Isles. Unfortunately, a price had to be paid even with resting totally the day before, it took it out of me and I will not be able to do it again. 
If you click on the picture of Esther's block you can see her mystery quilt I'm following. I thought I could manage with just these four fabrics which have 3 different ones in each but if you look at her blog you'll see blocks 2 and 3 are very complex and will need more than just these. Luckily I have loads of the 30's fabrics to use in the other one (I'm doing it twice, once in the 30's fabrics and once in the others) but I'll need to add for the other quilt. I've tried uploading this photo twice but it is still coming up sideways on.
So I've had to get out my reproduction stash

and these

and these

and these
Decisions, decisions. These pieces are all 2 metres (a little over 2 yards) or less. I haven't even looked at the fabrics I have in the yardage on the racking.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally I hope you are feeling well ,you got some pretty fabrics there ,I haven't done applique for a while since fusible web is not available and freezer paper I did find the tape that is used for seams for irioning on and I think I will try that out ,I have a blog friend that is going to send me freezer paper so that way I can try it also,happy sewing,theodora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I am sorry to hear you have been ill. I've missed you on our Group. When I came to read your blog I saw your posts about being sick. I hope you are feeling much better real soon.
    Take care.
    Linda
    Handpiecing & Applique Yahoo Group

    ReplyDelete