I meant to show you this mistake I found whilst I was pinning the top. I had carefully (or not so carefully) stitched round the applque and every trapunto motif with water soluble thread and cut away the excess batting. Somehow this flower got missed out. I discovered it half way through pinning. There was no way I was going to un pin and restitch all over again. The solution was to cut a piece of batting in the same shape, apply a bit of glue stitch to it and slide it underneath to position it. As this quilt will be thoroughly washed in the machine to remove both the marking and the water soluble thread, the glue will be removed at the same time.
And here's a peek at the back. That little bit of infil took about 2 or 3 hours. I wanted to use this infil but stupidly it would have been so much easier to use it somewhere other on the quilt. Somewhere which didn't have so many interruptions to stop and start. On the upside there is a route through the diagonal of the squares to get from one place to the next without cutting the thread.