Thursday 19 March 2009

Binding

I want to show you how I get my plump binding.
I cut my fabric for double fold on the bias at 2¼" wide.
This time I stitched it on with the number 20 Bernina foot for no other reason than it was the width I wanted to use and I could see where I was stitching.
I then trimmed the edge of the quilt ½" from this line of stitching. As you can see when I fold it over, it doesn't fit. Well it does, but it's a strain to hold it down whilst I'm hand sewing it down. It's a pig, it's much harder than if I'd either cut more off or cut the bias fabric wider but it does give a lovely fat binding.

3 comments:

  1. So ... its almost done!!! I cant wait for the big ta tah moment to see it in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 2 1/4" binding, it does look a lot tighter.

    ReplyDelete