Tuesday 17 March 2009

Quilt In Search of Excellence

I've just set up a new Yahoo group for people with this aim.

"Not for beginners.
This is a group for quilters who are NOT interested in the quickest way to make a quilt but the very BEST way.
We are the sort of people who will unpick as many times as is necessary to get it right.
We seek excellence in design and execution of our craft by hand or machine. We might enter shows, we might not but we want to produce work of which we can be proud.
Join if this is your attitude, if not this is not the place for you."

Find and join here

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Would you mind if I mentioned your group on the Quiltnet list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Sally. Great idea. I've been quilting since I was 12 (nearly 40 years ago) and have no interest in making quicky quilts and easy projects. Never have. About time there was a group for experienced quilters who take pride in their work. I hope the group really takes off. I'm heading over there to join now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in this, if it is allowable to sometimes make something quick (not sloppy) for a needed gift, a guild charity project, or something of the sort. I don't usually do quick, make my own designs, never use kits, and have been sewing, sometimes professionally, for over 50 years, so I think I'd qualify. If I receive a response from you, I'll join.

    ReplyDelete