Wednesday 11 March 2009

My very own support group

I want to thank each and every one of you who keeps encouraging me to keep going on this, without you it might never be finished.
I've never really been into support groups like Weight Watchers and the like, they're not for me. But now I see the value of such groups and now I have my very own personal support group, it keeps me going.
Though yesterday was not so successful. I iced a couple of cakes, just butter icing but ran out of icing sugar so a trip to town (and the bookshop) and got very little done, Today is another day and I'm up for giving it a good time working away.

Yesterday I couldn't resist seeing what it would look like on the bed. It doesn't look so big now does it? And worryingly the new superking bed is a foot wider.....

13 comments:

  1. Actually it really looks gorgeous and btw its not a too small quilt it is (I certain) a too wide bed!VBG
    RobynK
    NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really lovely look. The quilt is just beautiful.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your quilt. All the straight line quilting is certianly worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why you said you wouldn't win any awards on this quilt, it's just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shot on the bed really shows the quilting and it is stunning. I think you'll be okay on a king bed...how lovely it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They always shrink when you put them on a bed. It's very annoying. Looks good though. I love the teardrop feather with hatching, it looks great, and no I won't be doing it anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I like that teardrop and hatching too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go on .. one last push and it will be done. Its really lovely ! I hope you will consider entering into a show. I'm sure there are lots of people who would just love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, this is just gorgeous!! The straight line quilting is wonderful with the quilt and I love the pineapples (?) in the arms of the star! I have been watching the progress of this quilt and wish I could do one like it, but will never happen. So...... I am glad that I am able to watch your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go Sally, Go Sally, Go Sally...woo hoo you can do it!!

    Once again...just lovely..and I think it will fit the new bed just fine...don't think of it as 12" think of it as 2 x 6" ..not so big then :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well greetings from the "colonies", here in Canada. I just found your blog through a post this afternoon. I too can do large quilts on my machine, a Janome 6600 which has a larger throat (I think that's the word) than my old machine. I also have a table that it fits in so that the quilts slide through the machine quite well. I stipple though and cannot imagine doing straight stitches on such a large quilt.
    Wonderful work you do. I'm glad I dropped by so will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is absolutely fantastic. I am in filled with awe and jealously! That central feather star has such tiny pieces--wish I could piece such a wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete