Tuesday 2 September 2014

Moving on with the Di Ford Mystery Quilt and my new favourite tool

I haven't changed it as much as I thought I would. Mainly because I have been a bit lazy and it was easier to go with what has been given. So this round is finished except for appliquéing the hexagons in the corners of round 2.

I have no idea where this came from. I thought I might have bought it at one of the Maltings sales but it has an Australian sticker on the end so it might have come from one of my friends who lived out there. I haven't used it before this last week or two. Heaven knows why, it is wonderful. The side with the green sticker is slightly lower than the other side. And the ruler doesn't move, not even a tiny bit. I was using a 36" ruler here, the sort that is normally guaranteed to slip, but it doesn't and I didn't even have to reposition it.

I just wish I had started using it years ago....

3 comments:

  1. Your Di Ford Mystery Quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't get my comment from Wednesday and twice I've been blocked from seeing you blog, something weird is happening in blogger I think...

    Lovely quilt by the way, I think all Di Ford's quilts are just wonderful and yours is looking so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this one. What size is the ruler holder? Pretty Pretty

    ReplyDelete