Sunday 5 April 2015

Before and after shots

At first glance it might look the same as my last post, but there is work there. I have done all the petals in both the red and pink flowers, and added some veining to the leaves. And all the flowers in the borders have been done, but not the leaves. One of the advatages of taking photos as I go along is seeing the bits I haven't done like the red flowers in the pots in the other quadrants.
This is what it was like last weekend.
 _______________________________________________________

And I got those borders put on the Di Ford Mystery quilt. I am pondering what I do next. I bought extra fabric of the last border supplied so I could add a full width of the stripe. That would take the quilt up to 69" square instead of the 63 1/2" of the original. But I could add another border in between to bring it up even bigger..... decisions, I love pondering them.
ps the flowers aren't there to make it look pretty, just to stop it sliding off the desk.

12 comments:

  1. hi,that looks fantastic,happy easter,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Sally I can't wait to see your quilt in person. I'm hoping you will enter it into a show at some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilting and beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is spectacular!! I Love, Love, LOVE the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful quilting Sally, an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting is stunning and the quilt on your table is so inspiring to me. I love the style and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilting ! it's beautiful. Your Di Ford Mystery is beautiful too, I love those decisions also I think that's what makes quilting so stimulating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I am gobsmacked if that is a word . You are amazing. That quilting and applique well speechless and now I have drooled on my IPad. Way to go girl.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's me again how did you do that filler quilting..?? Love it Bunny

    ReplyDelete