I was in a lot of pain on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so you'll just have to forgive me getting the days muddled. Today is a bit better and I'm compos mentis.
Today I got a lot more done, two flowers. When I started this quilt of Esther's she sucked us in with quite a simple block. I was at a stage when I couldn't think of what I wanted to do and it seemed a good idea at the time! If I had known how challenging and time consuming it was going to be I probably would not have started. It is a super quilt, if you click on the link to Esther and scroll down you will see it finished in her colour choices. As a rule, I don't make other people's designs. If I'm going to break this rule this has been a good quilt to do it on.
I wondered how I was going to the anthers of the flowers, and today I decided to machine them. Here's how I did it, much much quicker than hand stitching and I like the effect and the 3d thickness of them. I used a polyester embroidery thread.