Friday 29 June 2012

My new cutting table.

This Ikea table top (and Ikea's funny name is Vika Gruvan, it comes in black as well) is brilliant for our uses. The only thing in this shot actually on the top is the rotary cutter, the rest has been slid under the glass.
This June Taylor mat is a little slippy on it's reverse side (OK it is a lot slippy) so I placed some double sided tape on the back to hold it in place.
The trestle legs are Ikea Artur and allow quite a bit of storage underneath. (I have 3 domestic machines and one carry case, plus 4 wooden wine boxes full of ribbons and wool etc) I might run some Velcro round the outside to hide the storage. I have the legs set at the highest setting which is a little higher than kitchen worktop height.

3 comments:

  1. Now that is brilliant!
    Theoretically you won't lose anything, the table isn't going to get cluttered----------and it can be a light box?

    Ticks all the boxes
    !:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I've been thinking about what kind of table to get when I get to North Carolina and this looks to be perfect. What is the distance from the top of your table to the floor? I find that most table tops aren't high enough and give me a terrific back ache while I'm cutting.

    Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally have loved looking through your blog as usual, it is great to see you again. I sent you a email to your email address here but it bounced????? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete