Sunday 14 September 2008

Little things which give pleasure

I thought I'd start and occasional series of things which give me pleasure. This might be because of their function or their beauty or both, or some other reason altogether.
I've just been mixing the Yorkshire pudding batter for tonight's dinner and using my very favourite hand whisk. The one on top used to be my favourite because it was big and had three layers of wires. It's good, very good but the one below it is brilliant. It has two main layers, then a wire ball with a solid ball inside that. It's amazing, in just about 20 seconds (or maybe ten, I wasn't counting) the batter is mixed.
It doesn't take much to make me happy, does it?
And then in the same vein is this little gizmo with the balls at the end of the wires. This one is perfect for stirring sauces in the pan. It gets into the corners and stops any lumps forming. Don't you love it when things work perfectly?
And today I've made a start on the central feather which will go into the middle of the giant one.

6 comments:

  1. Those whisks are almost too pretty to use

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your feathered star finished, gorgeous....... Happy Quilting Ronda Beyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah now I have one with the balls on the ends of the sticks. I think itis the best whisk in the world, quick to use and very easy to clean. However, I haven't tried one of the whisk within a whisks. I will have to keep an eye open for them.

    No I'm not home yet, waiting for a plane right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, recording those small daily pleasures. They're hardly trivial, quite the opposite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been curious about those whisks with the balls inside. Aren't they terribly difficult to clean?

    I find that a gizmo that is hard to wash will end up not being used. But I'm shamefully lazy that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just rinse it when done and put it through the dishwasher.
    Always comes out immaculate

    ReplyDelete