Thursday 21 January 2016

A little designing going on.

My bathroom has taken far longer than it should. But the end is in sight, I just need a roman blind for the window and a couple of other fixes.
Meanwhile I have been playing on designing hexagonal blocks today. It is amazing how changing the colours changes the look of the blocks. The first one is just one colourway, the next ones are each two colourways of the same block. Some present great opportunities for fussy cutting.

 And those hexagons have taken forever to applique. I have got a little better at doing stitches a little bigger, I am now appliqueing at 16 stitches per inch instead of the 40 (ish) I was doing before.....
I would love to be one of those women who hang up their work and press it before taking photos, but really if I did that I would be even worse at getting my blog posts out.