Thursday 11 October 2007

I'd rather be stitching

Do you remember that scruffy pine shelf thing I got at the dump (skip, refuse centre, tip, whatever you call it in your country)? Well doesn't it look fine with a coat or two of paint? I found the mugs first and then found a deeper colour of the duck egg blue, and today I found matching tea towels. It's going in the breakfast room.
Someone asked what all the bubble wrap was for. Well I/we will be living in the cottage next week and I'll probably stay on a while furnishing and decorating it up for sale, so I need furniture, new curtains, I'm taking up most of our china, glasses, ornaments, paintings etc and I've had to buy loads of 'stuff'. Luckily 'stuff'' has never been as cheap as it is now.

I found four of these bedside table and the six lamps to go on them. I still need to find two chests of drawers and two wardrobes.


I found six of these lovely cranberry glass wine glasses in the Laura Ashley sale. I think they'll look great with the table laid with white china and add a huge splash of colour to the dining room.
And then there were these curtains in the same blue as the old single duvet covers of my DD so they can go in one of the bedrooms. And I finally got round to sticking the letters on the house name plaque.

So much to do and so very little time. We start taking the first of it up on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Sally, just posting to let you know I saw your quilt at Pacific International Quilt Festival in California today -- and congratulations for the ribbon! It's a beauftiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I never find things at "the civic amenity site"?? Well done you!

    ReplyDelete