Friday 4 January 2008

Goals for this year

I haven't given this a great deal of thought but my friend Pauline said something about 'at this stage in your career' a few weeks ago and it made me think (after I stopped laughing). Career? I don't do it for money so does it count? But it did make me think I should make quilting a time tabled activity so I can do as much as I see myself doing when I go off to sleep. So that's goal number one.
Goal Two.
To Walk. Christine did it last year with great success so if she can I can (grin)
Goal Three.
To be less insular. I find the older I get the more I like my own company and perhaps it's not healthy? But 'All are queer except thee and me and sometimes I have my doubts about thee' (this saying now replaces the queer with mad but you get the picture).
Goal Four.
Sort of links with Goal One. To organise my time so I'm not forever chasing my own tail and never catching it.
And of course I've failed already. It's now 10.15am and I'm still sitting here at my PC in my dressing gown. How is it whenever I'm still not dressed at this time, someone will ring the doorbell? I sometimes feel I should lie and tell the caller I'm not well (grin).
Goal Five.
As you can tell by the quote on the right of my blog, I strongly feel it isn't enough to do no wrong. To live a good life one has to do some good for others. This last year has been lacking in this area more than I would like. So this year somehow, I would like to make a difference. Perhaps small, perhaps large, but a positive difference. Now I just have to find a way. Sometimes the good you do has to be private, sometimes it needs shouting from the rooftops to raise the profile of the cause. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Sally, you make a big difference in my life, and I'm sure that many others would say the same about you. Don't underestimate the power of that; if we all cared for each other,as you care for your friends and family, the world would be a far better, healthier place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally....I should set your goals 2 and 3 as my own. I too, have become quite comfortable in my own company. In fact I am just fine to not leave the house for weeks at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to organise myself so I have more time aswell.
    I'm also quite comfortable with my own company but I'm quite happy to stay that way.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Brigette, I wouldn't leave home at all if I didn't have to. There is nothing wrong with us liking our own company. Doing good for others: you already do some of that with the sharing of your beautiful quilts in shows and on your blog. Do you know how many people you make smile?

    ReplyDelete