Saturday 23 February 2008

I wish I could stitch them as fast as I can draw them

This feather will be rotated 16 times round the centre of a quilt.It took about 5 minutes maximum to draw and a further few hours to mark up just half the quilt centre. I had planned to do the rest today but....

I still haven't found a new ironing lady. Up until this week, it wasn't too bad. I recorded Mistresses and ironed whilst watching. If Mistresses makes it over to your country, it's like a cross between Desperate Housewives and Sex in the City without the 'glow in the dark' teeth. Perfect for doing the ironing.

I'm going to treat myself to a nap. It's official having a nap increases your brain power 100%, it must be true they said it on the BBC this morning. However they also mentioned another study which showed that people who have a sleep in the afternoon die sooner.
So it looks like I shall go to an early grave with a brain the size of a planet.

6 comments:

  1. I take a 45 minute nap almost every afternoon. There is a book about how it makes you smarter, healthier, and more productive if you take a nap. I also heard the report about dying at a younger age. I'll take my chances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to take a nap in the afternoon.
    The other report was about nodding off in the afternoon. I took it to mean falling asleep while watching tv or sitting reading. I hope it didn't mean taking a nap on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read a follow-up about napping:

    These findings, announced on Thursday, February 21, 2008, by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association refer only to “unintentional” daytime naps or dozing occurring in the elderly. The article does not refer in any way to the naps we all enjoy taking in the afternoon, after lunch, after returning home from work, etc.

    'It is important to differentiate the regular daytime naps many of us take from “unintentional” naps or dozing. The key here is “unintentional” daytime naps, which quite possibly have a pathophysiologic cause.'

    Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit worried there, but reading Christine's info, it seems I am in the clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An early grave with the size of a planet or a long life as a cabbage? Mmm, with you there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that made a lot of sense! Should I go and lie down??

    I meant to say,.... An early grave with the brain the size of a planet, or a long life as a cabbage.

    ReplyDelete