Saturday 5 July 2008

Not a lot of progress today but mega problems

I kept trying to convince myself that the distortion on the left where I've done the fireworks was down to the extra handling on this side. The photos I'd taken so far were either draped over the sofa or my drawing board with it's rulers etc. This morning I lay it on the floor and the true horror emerged. I knew there was a danger of this when I designed the feathers with those large areas alternating between them. I had thought the smaller feathers opposite each other would pull it in. No such luck.
I haven't totally given up hope. I might be able to sort it out when it is blocked. I might even press it if that doesn't work. You can see on the right hand side without the fireworks how flat it is.


Whatever the end result, it's too late to withdraw it from the show, so I'll be holding my breath......
If you see it and the blocking hasn't worked, know that normally I don't exhibit my 'failures' but as this was entered before it was made I have no choice. Who knows? Perhaps it will hang like a dream/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,
    I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I read your blog every day. I love your work, and I hope your latest blocks out after all of the work you put into it! I only entered an unfinished quilt one time. Luckily shows that will accept an unfinished entry are few and far between. but on the other hand, I have had to pass up entries because I just can't get anything finished lately! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that, but it always looks worse than it really is. After blocking it will probably all straighten out..

    It looks great Sally, and dont forget - binding makes a big difference

    ReplyDelete