Saturday 10 January 2009

not the weather for dyeing but...


I have this lovely jacket from Hampstead Bazaar but because it's turquoise it's difficult to wear with anything, so I thought I'd over dye it with a more purple blue. Of course I put the gloves on too late. Then I remembered a top in the same colur made of organic cotton, so in for a penny in for a £ I added that to the bowl. Can you see the jacket is a dark blue and the top teal. It's OK as I like both colours. What I should have done is the dye in a bag method by Helen Deighan but I didn't but I did at least put them into the 1 gallon Ziploc bags to 'cook'.

I also added a feww scraps of white fabrics in the almost exhausted dye solution.

Another small problem is I've lost the newer Blogger facility with the whatyouseeis whatyouget format, so I'm sort of typing this blind. Anyone know how to get it back?

These last two photos are of Fleet Pond, frozen for days now. I don't know what the swans and ducks are doing but the heron is often seen walking up our little stream as the flowing water is not frozen.
The house leeks are still frozen after the snow last week or the week before, I can't remember how long, it just seems like it has been below freezing forever. This feels like the most protracted freeze I can remember,

3 comments:

  1. Regarding your ability to seewhatyouget, make sure you're in Compose mode, not Edit HTML mode. The tab is on the right upper corner of the box were you type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished dye-job. I keep wanting to dye a set of our sheets that have faded too much, just haven't got brazen enough to do it yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what you mean by the wysiwyg format. I get a box to type in and can select "edit html" or "compose" from the tabs right above the text area box. Is this what you mean?

    ReplyDelete