Saturday 30 October 2010

Can it really be less than four years?



I first started drawing my own feathers in 2007. This one is from my old blog 'Bird on a Wire' from the very first post. I used it in Old Gold, as a mirror image.
I urge you to try and draw your own feathers, it is so much more satisfying to 'own' your own quilts.

Why am I looking back today? No good reason really except my baby is starting her life as a fully fledged woman. She has a job and is moving to an apartment in London today. So today is an end of an era in my life and the beginning of one in hers. I'm very proud of how she has grasped life with both hands and knows how to enjoy it.
How I wished then to have a window to see her now.

5 comments:

  1. Sally, I felt the same way when my daughters left home as I felt when they were 5 years old and went off to Kindergarten for the first time. I cried both times LOL :)

    I love the feather drawing. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your feathers! The joke in our house is that WE grew up and left home - we went off to Indonesia for 3 years and left our son at home!! You sound very proud of your daughter - and she looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left home just before Sophie went away to uni as I didn't want to be left alone at home! She joles that I abandoned her -she lived with her father full-time for 4 months before uni started, and really came to appreciate me in that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad how quickly the time flies :-)
    Your feathers are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete