Monday 20 December 2010

Quilt, fabric and Christmas

A lovely bright quilt to be working on in this cold weather. It's a top made by the local quilt group for charity. I'm not sure if it's to raise money for supplies or for a raffle.


I found this lovely fabric at Hancock's of Paducah. I've been looking for birds to appliqué on a reproduction (ish) quilt for ages. It only has these two birds on it but they are the right size. I might amputate their feet to make life easier. It can be found here.

A friend came to stay last week and she came with these fabulous roses. I adore this faded colour.

I hang this along the bottom of the stairs each year. It's so much better than hanging near the bannister rail where it gets in the way.
This year I decided on a more simple look for the mantle piece.
Growing up in Australia I dreamed of a white Christmas, now we have it, and although it's beautiful, perhaps my dream should have had the caveat, the snow should start on Christmas Day and not before.

2 comments:

  1. What's the bird fabric? Great find.

    Your house looks very organised...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the roses - they look like the rose called "Mainzer Fastnacht", cultured by a German rose breeder (Tantau). Beautiful...and your house is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete