Sunday 24 April 2011

One quilt, different cameras and lighting.

Feather Journey #2
The first two photos are what I took with my camera at home for the juried entry into the MQX show, the last two are by people who took theirs at the show. The third photo has the best colour but not the best focus. I found it interesting to find how difficult it is to photograph Heide Stoll Weber fabrics accurately. No ribbons for this one at this show. I might enter it somewhere else.... I love it. It's about 15" wide and 58" high.








7 comments:

  1. Hope you do - looking forward to seeing this one in real life.

    Fabrics are often so difficult to photograph. I have the same problem with a lot of the kimono fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it up close and personal at the show. It's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a beautiful quilt, Sally! You could enter it at the WQC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is very had to capture the beauty of the hand dyed fabrics in a photo. Your quilting is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece. I think that the cameras have problems deciding on the balance of colour with the gradations in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful quilting Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh I love it too!

    I completely empathise with not being able to capture the colours accurately on film as I often have this issue myself.

    Your quilting is just superb.

    ReplyDelete