Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas is coming

Note to self: Never buy pressents which are hard to wrap. Imagine a round hat box.
A couple of people very sensibly suggested loads of pleats. This was fine until I got about half way round and the bulk of the folded paper grew too much. Plan B worked but it involved cutting the paper every inch, top and bottom and sticking it down every three folds. Those of you who have been following me know I have Fibromyalgia. One of the symptoms is neck ache if I bend my head too long. Let's just say I bent my head too long and now 24 hours later I am still paying for it.
I then cut a small circle out of card, a larger circle out of the wrapping paper, glued it over the card, then stuck it over the joins in the middle. Not perfect but it's done!
I had to wait for the dresser to arrive (see earlier post) before decorating the tree. I also needed help getting all the crap decorations down from the loft. It seems a lot of things must be in our storage container but there was enough around to decorate the tree and the staircase so that will have to be it for this year.

Wanda noticed the amarylis in the background in a previous post. The flowers lasted nearly four weeks as each had two stems. I cut them back and added (sin of sins) some fake amarylis and 'planted' them in the pots amongst the greenery. I think they seem quite Christmassy hanging in the window.



2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just found your blog. All of my father's family came from Wales to USA between 1840 and 1851. They settled in Caseyville, Illinois. I visited Dowlias, near Methyr Tydfil in Glamorgan a few years ago. I have just found more of my family in Caernarvonshire.
    I love to quilt. Are there Welsh traditional quilt designs?? If so, how can I find them?
    Best Wishes Patricia Williams Finley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and it's here now! Much love to you and your family over Christmas Sally,

    Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete