Monday 10 June 2013

One block done, three to go

They are not fast but I am happy how it is turning out.
Here's a close up.
It is done with invisible thread with a buttonhole stitch, one stitch forward, one to the side. I increase the stitch length slightly except on tight corners when I reduce it considerably, I set the stitch width at 1 or below.

The blue lines will wash out. If you want to know which marking pen I use, go to this post.
It has taken quite some time from this drawing I made in July last year....

We've had some wonderful weather and have flowers and sun. I stopped the car on my way to the supermarket to take these photos for you.  I stood on the bridge to take all three photos. Can you see the castle on the hill in the last one? It is magical round here.



11 comments:

  1. Wonderful stitching Sally. Did you fuse the pieces first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fab Sally and I agree we live in the most beautiful part of the world. So good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your block very much and your photos of your trip to the grocery store? oh my!!! To live in a place like that with that kind of view. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block Sally. Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see you again Sally, those are gorgeous colours you are using here. I have just spent the last 30 mins going back through your blog, a wonderful 30 mins over a coffee many thanks for new ideas and tips. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS Sally I was so sad to read about your sister I hope you will join us making Love Entwined it would be a love memorial quilt for you. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty block, I love your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  8. a lovely block...slow process can be a good thing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful block. I just found your blog and will add you to my regulars so I can follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete