Wednesday 18 July 2007

Making test sample

I couldn't leave it alone I had to see what it would look like with various backgrounds and with the blue backing. I used YLI Soft Touch in the needle and white Bottom Line in the bobbin.
The feather and the fist two rounds of echo quilting is white and the rest of the YLI was cream.
I quite like this colour, pity the fabric is white. When I took photos yesterday morning of it pinned up, it came up white, today the camera doesn't want to play nicely.

As I suspected the white stitching looks great but the stitching itself doesn't. I do want theis quilt to be as near to perfect as I can get it, so I think it will have to have a cream or white backing.
It does however encourage me to make a quilt with white stitching on blue on the front....
So many quilts so little time....

Voldemort, child of Voldemort and I are off to Art in Action today unless the weather is totally dire.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy yummy. I love the white on blue, but I understand what you mean about seeking perfection. Pah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feathers are so perfect and so beautiful! Which background stitching do you like the best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you actually allowed to mention 'you know who'

    ReplyDelete