Saturday 4 August 2007

I just had to do a little more on it.

So Marion was right to be shocked when I said I wouldn't finish it (grin). She knows I finish almost everything eventually.
I haven't had much time for sewing this week due to a combination of gardening, insomnia, not receiving the batting for the wholecloth until yesterday, chiropodist visit, taking the quilts to Southampton collection point etc.... But I had to do some just to maintain some sanity.
So I've finished the feathers and done a little of the background. I still feel the fabric colour is either not light enough or dark enough to show the feathers off nicely. I haven't a clue as to what I shall do with this piece. All that thread stops it from being cuddly enough for the kids at the refuge.
Anybody know what to do with a 40" square quilt?

5 comments:

  1. Sally,
    I have never done this myself to an already quilted quilt and I'm not sure I'd be willing to chance it on something I'd already put this much work into, but I wonder what would happen if you put that quilt into a vat of procian dye. That way, you'd be able to darken it and if the threads are a polyester, they shouldn't be affected by the dye, so you should be able to seletively dye the fabric (and batting as well if it's cotton). I don't think I'd have the courage to try this myself, but thought I'd throw the idea out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done that had not some of the threads been cotton and others rayon, which would both catch the dye as well.
    Great minds think alike....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm always right...especially when I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally....I think it is wonderful. How about folding it over the back of your chair where it can be seen. You could grab it at times to cover your legs when cold.

    ReplyDelete