Friday 31 August 2007

Wholecloth Quilt

Those of you who read my 'old' blog might remember this quilt in the design stage. Click on any of the photos to see the stitch.
For those of you who didn't, don't scroll down, just think about it's size.......
I can see now in the photo, I haven't removed all the water soluble thread, so it will need a soak in warmer water as it's the Superior Threads one which needs warm/hot to dissolve it.
Scroll down, if I have been successful, you will be surprised.











I drew the design directly onto the fabric (cotton batiste). I got a dirty burnt starch mark on it but was confident it would rinse out.

This was the back after I stitched the feathers.

And I can't resist playing with wetting it and watching the ink run. If you're wondering about the pens I use to mark, go back through the archives.

Now to do some 'googling' to find out how to bind it less than 1/8th of an inch.

1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned, you're barking :) It looks great though. I know it isn't the point but I really like the look of it with the ink running. It might be a really interesting effect if it were permanant. I guess it could be done with dye.....

    ReplyDelete