Tuesday 28 August 2007

Non flowering garden things

It seems a lot of people don't know what horseradish looks like so I thought I'd post a picture of my patch. It can be quite difficult to distinguish it from docks so just pull up a bit break the root and have a sniff. If it cleans out you sinuses, it's horseradish!
When you use a bit, cut off the root to use it and just put the end with the leaves and a bit of root back in. It's worth having it in a controlled environment otherwise it can take over.
The blanket weed in the pond is doing well but the frogs like it to hang on to.

And this is a lovely bird feeder I got about ten years back. Only one thing wrong with it, however delicious the bird food I put out in it, the birds will not go near it (grin).

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should grow horseradish instead of buying Sudafed for my sinuses!

    I love the bird feeder.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous bird feeder. If the birds really don't like it, I could send you a couple of spare squirrels who would oblige! The Wittering Rainbow

    ReplyDelete